USAID Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Activity (2020 to 2024)
To accomplish this, FHI 360 and its partners – EnCompass, Makerere University School of Public Health, Save the Children and Uganda Healthcare Federation – will:
- Assist stakeholders to overcome persistent implementation inadequacies and accelerate rollout of key national strategies to improve MCHN services, systems and outcomes, while at the same time
- Sustainably strengthening local capacity for MCHN good governance, specifically intra- and cross-sectoral cooperation, learning and adaptive management systems, and leadership skills.
As USAID/Uganda’s flagship initiative in the MCHN arena, the Activity is supporting the Mission in ensuring that the quality and effectiveness of its combined efforts in MCHN are maximized and UHF will execute the following roles:
- Lead efforts to collaborate with the GOU to increase private sector engagement in providing high-quality MCHN services.
- Work with partners to design and roll out MCHN strategies that address private sector related challenges
- Coordinate and mobilize the private sector participation while providing technical expertise and technical assistance to strengthen the private sector RMNCAH platform.
- Improve quality and support access to affordable credit by the providers in the private sector.