- VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT
|Assignment:||Provide support to MCHN project activities|
|Project Title:||USAID Maternal Neonatal Child Health & Nutrition Activity|
|Details for Submission:||To: firstname.lastname@example.org|
1.0 Organizational Background
Uganda Healthcare Federation (UHF) is a non-profit umbrella organization affiliated to the East Africa Healthcare Federation. The organization is a professional association representing the private health sector in Uganda. The Federation’s purpose includes advocating and supporting its members in policy and other decision making forums, representing its members at both the national and country levels, providing networking and training opportunities to improve quality of health services delivered, strengthen business skills and enhance market opportunities in healthcare, and provide an annual conference for the education of its members and exchange of information on issues essential to the quality and business of healthcare in Uganda.
2.0 Project Summary
Together with FHI360, Save the Children, EnCompass LLC and Makerere University School of Public Health, UHF is participating in the implementation of USAID’s Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity. The intervention is a five-year program designed and funded by USAID/Uganda to improve maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition outcomes in Uganda through strengthening leadership and governance, the rollout of national strategies and programs, and coordination and cooperation across stakeholders. The MCHN Activity seeks to enhance learning and sharing of lessons and best practices, facilitate improvements to governance and cooperation processes and structures, build leadership capacity, and enhance private sector engagement. The Activity will advance new models for MCHN services and systems for urban settings, particularly Kampala. The MCHN Activity will collaborate closely with the Government of Uganda (GoU), Ugandan private sector entities, other USAID-supported activities, and other development partners to both support and leverage their efforts to improve MCHN outcomes in Uganda.
UHF is representative of the private health sector on the MCHN program and we are currently seeking services of a qualified graduate to serve as a Project Intern with well-defined responsibilities as follows:
3.0 Purpose of the position
The overall purpose of the Project Intern is to provide administrative support to the USAID MCHN Activity through participating in designated project activities from time to time for the six months of this agreement.
- Attend project meetings and note key issues of interest to guide improvement in status of MCH and Nutrition service delivery at private health facilities.
- Participate in mobilization of stakeholders (including private health providers, KCCA, civil society organizations, government representatives) to participate in designated MCHN activities targeting the private sector.
- Support UHF MCHN team with document write-up including concept papers and project proposals, activity reports with guidance from the assigned supervisor.
- Support arrangements for meetings, presentations, seminars and trainings being organized under the MCHN Activity.
- The project intern shall support the collaboration with other USAID programs as assigned to support outcomes key to the MCHN Activity.
- Participate in data collection and information gathering assignments aimed at enriching planning of MCHN project activities.
- Keep records of all information related to the MCHN Activity for documentation, clarification and presentation to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Project Intern will be directly supervised by the Programs Manager at UHF.
- Details for Submission
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their soft copy application and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before the 4th December 2020 deadline. Only the successful applicant will be contacted for further discussions.
2. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Healthcare Federation
Duty Station: Kampala.
Issued date: 30th November 2020
About Uganda Healthcare Federation (UHF):
Uganda Healthcare Federation is an umbrella organization affiliated to the East Africa Healthcare Federation and as such represents the interests of non-state health players in Uganda. UHF was formed in 2010 borne from the need to have an umbrella body, which unites and represents all players in the private health sector in Uganda. UHF has been successful in attracting a broad membership of 56 associations and corporate organizations within its first year and hosted the 2012 EAHF inauguration Conference in Kampala.
UHF is a nonprofit professional association representing the private health sector in Uganda. The Federation’s purpose includes advocating and supporting its members in policy and other decision making forums, representing its members at both the national and country levels, providing networking and training opportunities to improve quality of health services delivered, strengthen business skills and enhance market opportunities in healthcare, and provide an annual conference for the education of its members and exchange of information on issues essential to the quality and business of healthcare in Uganda.
Program / Department Summary
UHF has been growing its membership strategically to ensure inclusion of all non-state health sector players with a common interest in complementing government policies and programs while advocating and lobbying for the interests of UHF members.
UHF programs center on developing capacity of the private health sector to deliver quality and affordable health services in Uganda. Programs are supported by health development partners designed to support the growth and development of the UHF members and to supplement their internal activities. UHF executes its programs through its membership base. Common themes include community engagement, quality assurance, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the various ministries and civil society actors.
This position’s responsibilities are highly cross-functional and will support all result areas
- Demonstrated experience with finance and administration oversight
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deadlines, time management is critical
- Strong English verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, marketing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with financial institutions, private sector, civil society partners and government representatives
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment
- Demonstrated capacity to generate and to translate innovative ideas into practical development approaches
- A polite, flexible and professional demeanor
- Self-starter, with strong capacity for critical thinking and problem solving
Duties / Functions
- Manage the company’s phone and front desk area.
- Monitoring health news in the media and sharing with internal and external parties o Manage information; receive and distribute communications; collect and mail correspondence. o Provide HR assistance by ensuring office policies and procedures are maintained. o Ensuring that staff list, forms for completion always up to date and available for reference at all time. o Conduct pick-ups and deliveries as required.
- Coordinate casual workers and keep records of days worked to ensure deliver quality services.
- Assist staff with assignments as required, including word processing, data entry, paper work processing and internet research tasks.
- Take minutes for meetings and write material for newsletter, website, social media and reports as required.
- Maintain office filing system and perform other general administrative duties.
Finance and Procurement Duties:
- Oversee, monitor and coordinate private sector credit applications. o Support business and finance self-assessments by private sector credit applicant and submit to Finance for verification.
- Provide regular reports on the performance of the private sector credit facility. o Spearhead marketing and growth of the private sector credit facility to UHF clients and private sector stakeholders.
- Coordinate addressing procurement requests for goods/services and ensuring that all procurements are authorized before sending out request for quotations.
- Ensuring that the necessary quotations are received for procurement committee evaluation, analysis and selection of the supplier(s). Oversee bid analysis for regular micro procurements to be submitted for review by Finance. o Tracking all deliveries e.g. newspapers, flyers and brochures to ensure that invoiced amount matched delivery record.
- Ensure that store records are well kept and office supplies are adequately monitored. o Availing staff with timesheet templates at the end of each month and collecting the printed signed copies for submission to Finance by end of every month.
- Responsible for petty cash summary, reconciliation and ensuring that replenishment request is place on a timely manner. o Photocopying of financial report documents and arranging them for delivery to the donors as and when required.
- Support Finance in filing and maintenance of finance records. o Monitor and coordinate payments requisitioning and ensuring that all the supporting documentations are in place before submission to finance for processing.
- Tracking the location and custody of all movable assets ensuring items are periodically checked and their condition reported to finance regularly.
- Scheduling and ensuring that periodic maintenance and servicing of office computers, printers, photocopiers and lighting systems are done.
- Any other duty that shall be assigned as and when required.
- At least 2 years work experience in finance or administration preferably in the health sector with skills in planning, budgeting, resource mobilization and credit control.
- Experience working with SME and with credit and loan entities will be an advantage.
- Experience working with development partner programming will be an advantage. Experience in working with financial institutions will be an advantage.
- Qualification in Business Administration, B.Com, Finance or any related qualification
- Post graduate qualification in finance/procurement/administration or social sector planning and development will be added advantage.
Interested qualified candidates should send a one page cover letter, with a curriculum vitae (CV) no longer than two pages, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th December 2020.
Your application should include three contactable referees with at least two from a previous employer one of the two must have supervised you directly at work. Please ensure that any contact numbers in your CV are reachable during working hours. Only successful candidates will be contacted within two week after the closing date.